Thursday, March 9, 2023

"An Expectant Cistern"

 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him." (John 13:16 KJV) 

  "Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shinning like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God, just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy. Yes, you should rejoice, and I will share your joy." (Philippians 2:14-18 NLT)

 Believe it or not, but this morning's title was really hard to see, as I was focused upon the servant part of the text, overlooking the true meaning of what was being said. I went to the movies yesterday and watched, "Jesus Revolution," which really brought back some very old memories of growing up in the 60's and 70's. 

 I know this has been mentioned before, but I believe it needs repeating. Before I accepted Christ into my heart, looking back upon my life, I truly do believe that God's hand was on my life growing up. Some people will reject that statement, saying that those who are not yet born again, don't really have any sort of protection from God; even going as far as to say, that God will not listen to their prayers. 

 No matter what others might say, I do believe that God was watching over me and preparing me for that certain day, the day that I would say yes to Christ Jesus being Lord of my life. As I have stated before, I have always believed in God, and I never accepted the notion that God did not create the heavens and the earth. 

 Currently, in this specific time, many people are starting to focus upon life that might exist elsewhere, as in, other planets where there might be other creatures or life-forms. Don't fall into that belief, because it is all a plan from the devil! He knows that Christ will soon be coming for His bride; and when He does, the devil needs a distraction away from the truth, that God took us up; instead, making people believe it was something from another planet. 

 As for this title, it relates to our life experiences and the journey we have lived here of this earth. A cistern is basically a vessel that is usually in the ground to catch rainwater. Unlike a well, which stores up water from down below, the cistern catches the water from above. We are each very unique and have a very special place in God's heart; even though He is not a respecter of persons, He knows and loves us all individually! 

 That was hard for me to understand, as I always felt as though God was too big and far-off to care about my personal life; even though I still prayed to Him whenever I felt vulnerable or in trouble. Truth be told, if you are one of God's children, then you have always been His child, waiting to run into His loving arms...

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!" (Psalm 139:13-18 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment