Saturday, March 18, 2023

"At the Table"

 "Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved." (John 13:23 NLT)

  ""Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends."" (Revelation 3:20 NLT)

 Currently, I am hoping to get a chance for a team of us to be able to have Services at the local jail; which, every since Covid lockdowns, there has been no services allowed. About a week ago I heard that they were allowing A.A. leaders in to having meetings, and I thought it was odd for them to meet, but not for churches to be able to meet. Then I was informed that was because Alcoholism is a disease, so there are other circumstances involved. 

 Well, I have some news for you, if that is your belief: Sin is the greater disease than Alcoholism, as sin is the root cause of every disease, even death! If I have one thing to say, without trying to sound as if I have overcome anything on my own, Jesus can make you whole, immediately and completely! That much I know for a fact! 

 Unfortunately, there are still things that we deal with, battles to overcome, and strongholds that need to be taken down. Believe it or not, this walk with the Lord is not all that easy; except for when we are walking hand-in-hand with Him, then it because amazingly easy! Does that mean there are no more trials and tribulations? Absolutely not! 

 That might be the number one issue, which is depending on the terms of your salvation. What were you expecting Jesus would do for you? If you were expecting that your life would be carefree and free from disorder or disease, then you were wrong, and you're most likely going to be disappointed. In this life, we will have trials and tribulations! We will experience the loss of loved ones, the sickness of disease and heartaches; things will not always be as you have planned! 

 These are all symptoms of living on this fallen earth, and they are to be expected. But we have a greater hope, one that is secure and free from every single issue that is here on this earth; if, that is, heaven is where we call our home! It is really just a matter of perspective! 

 That said, this is still not won and done! Yes, Jesus has finished the work, but we are still required to walk in the work that He has finished! He made the way, when there was no way: Walk that way...

"The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for thou are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever." (PSALM 23) 

No comments:

Post a Comment