Monday, March 13, 2023

"The Eternal Word"

 "Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he." (John 13:19 KJV) 

  ""But you are my witnesses, O Israel!" says the LORD. "You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God - there never has been, and there never will be. I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no other Savior. First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you and proclaimed it to the world. No foreign god has ever done this. Your are my witnesses that I am your God," says the LORD. "From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done."" (Isaiah 43:10-13 NLT)

 As many of you should know by now, I am a pretty firm advocate to the truth about who Jesus was, is, and always will be; so, it should not be a surprise to anyone, if I take this opportunity to reinforce that debate. And yes, there are many among us, believe it or not, that find it hard to believe that Jesus is God!

 Let us go back to the very beginning, Gensis 1:1, which clearly says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Have that as you base, believing that it was God that created everything that there is, from absolutely nothing, but His Word. From there, we step just one page forward, to the creation of man, when God says, "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us." (Genesis 1:26 NLT) 

 In that conclusion, as to the plurality of God, we can then find some sort of common sense that there must be more to God's composure; that He has more than one personage, meaning the Father, Son, and Spirit are all three ONE! Not that you need to figure out how or why, because that is not what God has asked us to do. He only has asked us to believe He is, and that He loves us! 

 Stepping forwards to the New Testament, we are shown the Son, who is the Eternal Word; that same Word that spoke everything into existence: "In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1 NLT) If you know anything about what GOD is meant to represent, it means that He was not created, but has always existed; therefore, in John 1:14, John shows us that God, the Word, was and is Jesus Christ: "So the Word became human and made his home among us." (NLT) 

 If you must know, I have put countless hours of consideration into this, having been misled as a child, them coming to experience His identity, and having had second thoughts several times during some of my early years as His servant. Not that I had changed my mind, but that there is a spiritual battle in the world, because the spirit of the Antichrist is real and active all around this world.  

 When I tell some people that, they scoff, as if that is superstition or something that is to come to life during the tribulation. No, it is here now, and has been for a very long time! You can talk about God, in almost every situation, as long as you keep it general and nonspecific; but, as soon as you start to lift up the name of Jesus, you are going to get opposition and an unfriendly response. 

 If you need anything to help with your confusion, if you might have doubts; just about everything is composed of three parts, even the basic and unseen things all around us and in us. Why would God be any different than His creation? Except for the fact that He wasn't created...

"Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. This is how you know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here." (1 John 4:1-3 NLT)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment