Thursday, March 23, 2023

"A Whisper"

 "Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him." (John 13:28 KJV)

  "Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace." (Romans 8:5-6 NLT)

 Pardon my urgency to speak up, but I really feel as though God is putting this upon my heart! If those at the table had been paying close attention to all that Jesus had said, they most likely would not have been left in suspense and would understand what was going on. That is the problem with many churches today, as they set out to please the masses, but forget about the Great Commission: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations." 

 If you did not catch what I said yesterday, I said, "I do not believe the Holy Spirit makes us do a lot of things," but I didn't say what He makes us do! He makes us to understand the Scriptures; He causes us to pay attention, thereby making us enlightened; He lets us know when we have done something wrong, thereby making us convicted; He makes us bold when we are weak; and He makes us speak, when we don't know what to say! There are so many things He does, as we walk and obey wherever He leads us and guides us to go. 

 Then, when we don't listen and obey, He can make us feel alone and very much afraid! Not a very good place to be if you are a believer in Christ Jesus. You must believe me when I say, I know it is a fact! The Holy Spirit will not force us to obey, but our continued disobedience will lead to loneliness and fear. Not that you are ever alone, because I really don't think He totally leaves us; but He leaves us alone! 

 I really don't want to get into a debate about the conditions of salvation, or the consequences of the lives we choose to live. As much as I have seen, there are really only two categories of people who are on this planet: You are either a Saint, or you Ain't! Those that have been washed in the blood of Jesus, have been made clean; but even things that are clean, can get torn and tattered...

""Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. Outside the city are the dogs - the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshippers, and all who love to live a lie." (Revelation 22:12-15 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment