Monday, October 4, 2021

"Who Do You Know?" -Too

"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust." (John 5:45 KJV)

  "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." (Galatians 3:10 KJV)

 To be, or not to be; that is the question! As I was pretending to know what it is I might be, be that as it may, I was under the curse; but when I realized that I was not, it was given to me the right to be what I am, because He is alive in me! 

 Okay, so maybe the real reason we don't push as hard as we should, is the reason really don't want to be made whole; because we know that it is true! If I really give Him my all, my all He will get. That is about as scary as it can get; to be changed through and through. Sometimes we just have to be, shall we say, pliable. You are what you are made for; that is not necessarily perfect, at least here on this earth; but you are to strive to be the very best you can be, perfect or not! 

 If we are not like clay, then we are not changeable and usable; it is best to just let God have His way in us, regardless of what we think or do. Not to change the subject, but I heard a message last week that keeps getting played back in my mind. It was about the Rich Young Ruler, and his answer to Jesus about having kept the whole law since his youth. When Jesus told him he lacked on thing, he was shown the one thing he lacked: "Thou shalt not covet." 

 Sometimes we just need to know who we truly are...

"But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus' disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with such scum?" Jesus answered them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor - sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent."" (Luke 5:30-32 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment