Wednesday, October 13, 2021

"The Preparation"

"And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there sat with his disciples. And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh." (John 6:3-4 KJV) 

  "Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the LORD thy God: for in the month of Abib the LORD thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night." (Deuteronomy 16:1 KJV)

 As I prepared for this, whatever it is that I consistently keep on doing, I was keeping my heart ready for God's voice to show me what it was He wanted to me say. This is not all that easy, because I feel that there is something important here; yet, it is hard to determine if it is just for me, or if it has a greater good, much greater than I can actually see, at the angle or direction that I am currently looking.

 Don't quite yet know how it applies, but the topic of discussion that I left off thinking of, was that of the confusion on man's free will; as to whether or not we are made a child of God based upon God's choosing alone, or if we actually have a choice. I know that my opinion really does not count, as if there is anything here that gives me credibility in such matters; but I do believe that we are all subject to the same exact love, none greater, none less, than anyone else; God loves everyone the same! 

 That said, I truly believe that God is All-knowing, meaning that He knows everything! He knows who will be His children, and who will fail to accept His offer, rejecting to be His child. It's unfortunate that it works out that way; but we are stuck not knowing who or what we are, let alone, knowing what it is that we shall become! 

 So, where that places us, on the scale of freedom of choice, is that we are 110% accountable to make a choice; the extra 10% is because we must to go over and beyond making a choice; we must also fortify that choice in our hearts. Fortunately for us, God is on our side! I know we don't get to see this, but I believe that He stands up cheering for us, knowing what we will do, but loving to watch, as we do what we do, that He wants us to do! 

 That is just my opinion, so you can take it or leave it, it's all up to you. I really like the fact that Jesus took His disciples up into a mountain; John seriously enjoys what he is doing, as he places these little nuggets of interest throughout the story he tells. There are certain things that I believe contribute to the sequence of events; places, times, reasons, circumstances; you have no idea what it is that you are going to do, where you are, when it will happen, whatever it is that is going to happen! But, crazy as this may seem; it really is, somehow, still your choice that gets you to the goal!

 We have no way of knowing who, what, where, when, or even why; but on the other side, (meaning Heaven,) it is all about Him and His amazing love...

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding . 

"God has revealed to us his mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill his own good pleasure. And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ - everything in heaven and on earth. Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan." (Ephesians 1:3-11 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment