Wednesday, October 27, 2021

"But He!" - Too

 "But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid." (John 6:20 KJV) 

  "Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and endurance." (Hebrews 6:11-12 NLT)

 You know, there are some things which can cause of to be stronger, just by making us stretch a little further, then we previously thought we were able to stretch. If you need to use that term, "endurance," in a sentence, it should be easy to understand what it actually means, if you are able to express it in action. Much like faith, it goes on, not based upon what is already done, but based upon what is going to be done, by actually finishing the race!

 If you want something to be fearful of, how about the fear of quitting! You are almost there! You can't quit now! Basically, that is what endurance looks like; based upon faith, you are moving forward in the direction that God has told you to go, and you are not giving up, regardless of the distractions, the hard hills, the muddy waters, or the uncontrollable mistakes; you do not stop moving forward! 

 Yes, I might be crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way! God has not told me to quit, so much as I can tell; so this is what I do, until I hear otherwise, I will not stop. I mean, really; if you wanted something to compare this to, there you have it; and when I say this, I am talking about the average Christian life. Don't look in the mirror longer than you need to, or you will make a silly face to yourself, and crack a stupid joke! 

 On the lighter side of this, I do think it is rather funny; because Jesus is kind of showing off...

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." (James 1:2-4 NLT)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment