Friday, October 15, 2021

"The Intuition"

 "Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little." (John 6:7 KJV) 

  "But Moses pleaded with the LORD, "O Lord, I'm not very good with words. I never have been, and I'm not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled." Then the LORD asked Moses, "Who makes a person's mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what you say." But Moses again pleaded, "Lord, please! Send anyone else."" (Exodus 4:10-13 NLT)

 To be perfectly honest, I have little intuition in spiritual matters, such as knowing what others are feeling or thinking; that is something that I totally try to leave for the Holy Spirit's leading, not to my own emotions or feelings. That said, I get myself into lots of situations of being opposed, because I tend to expect that God will work things out, regardless of the way things might appear. It is really hard sometimes to be that guy, the one who says, 'Let's just see what God will do,' while others are thinking, 'Let's not take that chance, because there are options available, right before us.' 

 Not that I am always that way, because it pretty much depends on where I am with the Lord. If I am strong in the Lord, I have the ability to feel as though God can do anything; but if I am weak in the Lord, usually caused by unconfessed sin, then I have doubt, not even knowing which way is up or down. That said, again, if I am weak in the Lord, sometimes I throw away my own intuition, depending instead, fully and completely on the Word of God! 

 This is by far, the furthest from the situation we are presented with today. As a matter of fact, Philip has just been handed an opportunity to say something that Jesus was wanting to hear; but he took the worldly view, and seemed to forget who it was that he was speaking to! The question was, "Whence," which is not asking how much money was needed, but the place or origin; as in, from where; from what source! 

 Who gives! Who provides! Who keeps on giving!!! Stop doubting God based upon what you see is capable of happening, and start believing that God is still working in your midst... 

"Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD." (Deuteronomy 8:3 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment