Thursday, July 9, 2020

"Young Woman"

"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys." (S.O.S. 2:1)

  If there could be any other way, it would have been done; but as it was, there was only one way that God could put Humpty-Dumpty back together again! Don't ask me why I said that, because it just popped into my mind and I had to use it. But seriously, we have got to understand the love that God has for us; because His love for you and I is so much more deeper than we can ever comprehend.
  Not everything I listen to, can I completely agree with, but yesterday I was listening to a message about the first two disciples of Jesus, and when the pastor mentioned how John spoke about the fact that it had been 10:00 in the morning, I turned up the radio to make sure that he was saying what I thought he was going to say. And he did; as I have always assumed, John and Andrew were the two men that left following John the baptist, to follow Jesus.
  That is one of the things about several of the Bible authors, there lack of saying me or I, but saying one, as in, the other one. Maybe it's just me, but I have always wondered if it had something to do with another life, as in, this one is not really that one that matters. Anywho, this had me listening a little more intently, and as it turned out, the message went straight to Andrew, and his need to go and tell his brother Simon about Jesus.
  Not that it counts against anyone, but the reason John's testimony about the time of day is key, is because the actual date may not have mattered, because it is hard to remember; especially if you are trying to remember a date from 30 years or so before. I cannot remember the exact date I was born again on; but I do remember what day of the week it was on, and I do remember what the approximate time of day that it was.
  This is just a little something about something special! That is what you and I have been made, a special creation; something that could not be created, except by being formed! That might not be a thing that causes you to be amazed, but it is something that should make you feel special. But, if that is not enough; then just a simple illustration might do: A rose by any other name is still a rose, but when it is a lily, it is grown from poison bulbs...

"For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory. What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" (Romans 8:29-31) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment