Wednesday, July 29, 2020

"Carried Away" -Thrice

"My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." (S.O.S. 2:10)
 
  Every so often there is something that is said, every so softly, that makes us realize God does have a voice: this was the case of last night, or should I say this morning, as I heard my name called out in my sleep: "Richard!" It was neither to make me take a breath, nor to give attention to my wife; it was to show me something extraordinary, something that is not magic, but is magical about this Life! Not the life we think that we are living, but the Life that we should be living.
  Talk about the, "swirling eddies," they were dancing all over the place in my head; especially the portion of Scriptures that showed God speaking three times, the messages that involved three steps, the instructions that were based upon three things to do; three's are the common thing that connects everything in existence; everything has three parts, including you and me.
  Not in the least bit is that the structure of what I saw, it is only the reason I believe it is relevant; we are meant to do something with what we have been given, because if we do not, we will be drawn to do something else; and as is the case with what we are meant to do, the thing we will end up doing, we will get carried away in doing it! That might not make any sense, but it is based upon so many different things that the Lord was showing me.
  The first example that I was shown was that of Peter's request to Jesus, "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water." (Matthew 14:28) Without getting into the reason why, let's just skip to what this demonstrated: The ability to do something that cannot be done! Simply put, this is the act of stepping out of the normal and into the realm of extraordinary. What destroys that which is manifested in the extraordinary, is that which is ordinary and common. This is what takes place in our minds; it is not only extraordinary and unrealistic, but it causes us to question our own capabilities and strength.
  It happens to each and every one of us, in some shape or fashion; but none the less, it happens to be the things that either frightens us or enlightens us; but it has no way of becoming ordinary and common in our lives. Which brings me to the second thing that I was shown, was Paul's request that the Lord remove the thorn in his side, and how he asked three times that it might depart from him. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)
  As if that could not be enough, the title above became the next issue: Carried away went from being something that the Lord might do to us, but what the Lord would do in us! This Life we have been given is extraordinary and cannot be sheltered or put on a shelf; if we do not use it as we ought, we will use the energy it possesses to do something else, something that is ordinary and common.
  In this case, the third thing I was shown was the Scripture: "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (James 5:20) Realizing that our sins have all been removed, how do you see this is made possible?
  We might not be able to see it as we ought, because we cannot see it till we use it...

"Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping -believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, "That's how many descendants you will have!" And Abrahams faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead -and so was Sarah's womb. Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. And because of Abraham's faith, God counted him as righteous." (Romans 4:18-22) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment