Wednesday, July 22, 2020

"The Second Song"

THE SONG OF SOLOMON 2:8 to 3:5

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)

  Besides the fact that the Bible is good for showing us the truth, it offers great instruction on how we should look at life, whether we are in times of blessings, or whether we are in times of desperation. There is no better way to understand which things we should be focused upon, which ever way we find ourselves here on this earth, the same rules apply to both!
  I chose this Scripture above, not because of the youth of Timothy, but because we must all be of the same understanding when it comes to time, as in the time we are here verses the time we will spend in heaven. We are all technically babes in Christ, no matter how old we might be in this current life! Although there might seem to be a sense of maturity that comes with growing old in the Lord, no matter how long you have walked with the Lord here in this life, life has just begun.
  Yesterday I made a vow, as I was looking at an article in the Christian Post; an article that was a brief announcement about a Brother that had just "died." As I saw the headline, my focus was not upon the Brother's name, nor was it upon the date of his birth and death; it was on the description of his death, that the headline said, He Died! Excuse me if I disagree, but the last I checked, death has no sting on me! It had no sting on that Brother either; because from what I have learned from what the Scriptures say, the Truth is, that my Brother lives!
  As was mentioned before, this is the only Song that changes in the middle of a persons conversation. Out of all six of the Songs, each of the remaining ones are started with a new speaker, whether it be the Young Woman, the Young Man, or the Young Women of Jerusalem. The previous five verses and the next six are all the Young Woman speaking, yet this Song begins in the middle of the speaking.  
  To be perfectly honest with you, I have no clue thus far what this actually means; nor do have any worries about not knowing what it means; at least not until I start to think I know, then I will begin to worry. I do have an idea; although I already shared what that was based upon; inspiration and perspective are the things that songs are based upon; while chapters are like turning a page, in that they based upon growth, characters, and topics.
  In my crazy mind, (no pun intended,) one is based upon things that do not change, while the other is based upon things which do change, as easy as the wind. It is really not that hard to figure out which is which. Fortunately for you and I, God's Word never changes at all; no matter which way we might want to look at His Word, it always points to Him...

"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone that believes -the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."" (Romans 1:16-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment