Saturday, July 4, 2020

"Young Woman"

"You are so handsome, my love, pleasing beyond words! The soft grass is our bed; fragrant cedar branches are the beams of our house, and pleasant smelling firs are the rafters." (S.O.S. 1:16-17 NLT)

  There is something everyone must understand, the love between a man and woman is ordained by God. There is just no other way to explain this, other than the facts: a man is made to be with a woman, and the woman is made to be with the man; any other form of physical love is unnatural and does not match what God has ordained. This goes so much further than a sexual relationship; this is about a connection between what God made that was two, that they might be one.
  I only wish that I could explain what I am talking about with a little better clarity; but my purity in this matter was tainted and distorted at a very young age. What I do see the Bible says, is that the reason we should save ourselves for marriage, is because the sacred act of what a man and woman do to consecrate their marriage is somehow connected with God; which makes that experience meant to be religious rather than secular. To explain that, other than what I can read, I have no clue what it actually is to experience the religious aspects of, so called, love making.
  There are three very distinct breaks that I am making in the text; the songs, the chapters, and the speakers; pretty much in that order. The songs are what I believe are very similar to dimensions; or if it makes more sense, expressions of enlightenment, based upon how things are seen. Songs are pretty much meant to set the tempo and mood, that which is temporary, either of frame of mind or of feeling. Chapters, on the other hand, are breaks in the growth and progress; each chapter building up to and in sequence with the next; while making a connection and continuation of that which came before.
  I know it sounds weird, and I really don't know why I said it; but I only know the things I feel that God is speaking into my heart. Other than that, it is what it is; because the third break is the speakers; and the speakers get interrupted by the change in chapters and songs: 8 chapters with 6 separate songs. How that actually all works out, is something I look forward to understanding...

"Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. And instead of worshipping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshipped idols made like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles. So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile a degrading things with each other's bodies. They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshipped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen." (Romans 1:21-25) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment