Friday, June 28, 2019

"Stuck Like Glue"

"Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways." (Psalms 128:1)

  Yesterday I was reminded about something Jesus said, it pretty much confirmed what I was trying to say yesterday morning; and it reinforced the aspect of why it is impossible for us to change or alter the treasure that we have been given. The Passage is found in Matthew 6:19-21 and Luke 12:33-34, and in these Scriptures we find the secret of true prosperity that can never be taken or destroyed. If you are wondering how it is that we remain constantly in fellowship with the Lord, it requires the fear of being out of fellowship; which requires the reverence of His love, His strength, and His never ending mercy! These are two very similar thoughts, but two entirely different areas for them to be put into practice or made useful in our lives. The one that fears the LORD, that walks in His ways, must be able to focus upon the two different aspects of living: the here and now, and the there and then. If we are living rightly, the there and then will be more important to us then the here and now; but the here and now is where we store up treasure for the there and then. No matter how hard I try, it seems that I can never be perfect; and the harder I try to be perfect, the more frustrated I get trying. What that tells me, is that the perfection is found somewhere else and not in myself; it is not a perfect world that we are living in, so we surely cannot be perfect conforming to this world and the laws of this world. The walk we must walk is one that is not of this world, it is based upon the home we have been adopted into, Heaven! As a citizen of heaven, there is where my heart belongs; it is only for a very short while that I am here, but it is in heaven where I have my home! I don't make the rules, I can only happily live in the rules that God has established for me to live out. There is where the "blessed" comes into play, that we are so very blessed when we reverence Him and when we have a manner of life that points to Him...

""Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."" (Matthew 6:19-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment