Sunday, June 23, 2019

"To Be Loved"

"It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep." (Psalms 127:2)

  This might seem a little strange, but what's new? There is a huge difference between those that work to make money and those that work to provide for others; night and day kind of difference. As with almost everything we do, if it is done for selfish reasons, it is just a waste of time and effort. Think about it, if you don't agree: When it is done, what do you have to show for all your efforts? More toys and stuff to maintain? All of which is meaningless to you, when you die! You might have heard the old saying, "You never see a U-Haul following a hurst," because once you pass away, all the stuff you collected gets sorted and given out to others. So, it is so much better to give it out while you are alive, that way you get to see where it goes! Actually, you might see a big 40ft long MotorHome following a hurst, because my wife and I were following our son to the cemetery in our MotorHome. It must have been quite a sight, seeing a hurst followed by a MotorHome, and then the limos and other cars following behind us. The reason it was done that way, was because it was a entire day of activities, and my wife needed a place to be changed, feed, and rested. We did the funeral service, then went to the cemetery for the grave-side service, and then to the Red Lion for the Celebration of Life. In all, it was pretty much a 10 hour ordeal; I could not leave my wife sitting in her wheelchair for 10 hours straight. If you really want to get right down to it, what matters the most in life, are the things that you can do for others. Isn't that what Jesus was all about? Most importantly, He was about doing the will of His Father! You want to sleep well and have beautiful sleep; there is nothing better to give you that kind of sleep, other than knowing you are doing God's will. What a difference it makes when we know that God loves us! What a difference it makes when we confess our sins before we go to sleep! Now, as to the point of that fire torched Saint; still a Saint, but smoldering, is better than not being a Saint at all! You're a Saint or You Ain't...

""LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered -how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath." Interlude
"We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing. We heap up wealth, not knowing who will spend it. And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you."" (Psalms 39:4-7) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment