Sunday, June 30, 2019

"Abundant Living"

"Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table." (Psalms 128:3)

  Well, that is pretty deep; the more I think of it, the more I feel pretty miserable about my own life: My wife is in a vegetative state, and our only child is wife the Lord. But who's complaining! As I always tell anyone that might ask, "It is what it is, God's in control." Surprisingly, this verse has some very interesting things to say, and it does not have to be about wives and children. There are many who believe that Paul was once married; it was pretty much mandatory for them that were of the order of the Sanhedrin to be married, so we must assume that he was. Whether his wife passed away or left him, he does not say; but one thing was for sure, he did not marry again, because he was married to the ministry and the task he had been given. Without getting too crazy with this, I will put it in very easy to understand terms: Paul had several wives, which were the churches that he planted throughout the various places he went; his children were all those that became pastors and leaders, to carry on what he had started. There is no greater honor that we can have than to teach and raise up ministers in the service of Jesus Christ; that is the Great Commission, to make disciples! If you could explain what abundant living looks like, this would be the ultimate example of abundant life. Life is not measure by the things that you own or the land you have; none of that is going to go with you when you leave this earth. But people, the people that have come to know Christ because of your service and sacrifice, there is nothing greater in this life then saving a life! I can only pray that my life counts for something other than taking up space. People tell me all the time how much it means to them to see me doing what I do for my wife; but it is not that big of a deal to me, because I am doing what I promised her I would do. More than that, I made a vow to God, and I did it in front of at least 80 people; many of which are still watching and taking notice of what I do. I have no complaints...

"Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but the Spirit of the Living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart." (2 Corinthians 3:2-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment