Wednesday, May 15, 2019

"The Cause"

"I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD." (Psalms 122:1)

  Maybe it might take some time to get ready, if that is where you are at; but truth be told, you will never be ready if it is something you are waiting to happen on your own. Don't ask, I am just typing away and waiting on the Lord. The word "glad" that we see here is one of cheerful countenance. To put it in the light of personality, it could be viewed as the way you move and react to something that excites you; much like spectators at a sporting event when their favorite team is winning. Which reminds me of a clip I saw this morning on Fox and Friends; not quite sure what it was about, but an entire room of people were busting at the seams rejoicing over a pick for their favorite team. Not that we need to be out of control with joy, or anything like that; but the church could use a little fire in her bellies when it comes to the joy of the Lord. I'm just saying. This is the kind of glad that causing a person to leap for joy, joy for the way God loves us and protects us, even though we seldom deserve it and never can earn it. That alone is enough to make joy an expression that cannot be undone! If it is joy that you are waiting for, then it is something that needs to be fixed in your heart. Take it from a man that knows a little something about discouragement, because if you are discouraged, the root of that is the heart! When is the last time that you listened to your own heartbeat? Maybe it has been awhile and you have forgotten what it sounds like or how it ticks. But what makes it beat? Some times we just need to be encouraged; some times we need a little kick in the pants. But maybe, just maybe, what we need is to be glad to go into the house of the LORD! It is not just an invitation, it is a cause to rejoice! We get to go into the house of the LORD! My heart just got filled with gladness...

"Oh God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy." (Psalms 63:1-5) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment