Wednesday, May 22, 2019

"Peace, Be Still"

"Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity with thy palaces." (Psalms 122:7)

  You know how much I am a numbers guy; so here is another example of where six and seven make the point of man and God's connection with some point or lesson. First of all, the last verse, which was slightly illustrated as much as I wanted to take it, spoke about how peace is alive in us as we do whatever it is that we know God wants us to do; like honoring our father and mother, which, as Paul said, was the first command with promise; the promise being that of a prosperous and well life. This is not specific to wealth and a long life, at least not here on earth; but it is specific to a life that is lived well and that is unending, because your life is blessed and eternal. I guess the way we could look at it, is much like when Jesus said, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26) There is absolutely no way that Jesus was saying that we must hate everyone else; but our love for Him must be greater than our love for anyone else, including ourselves! So in that regard, the point of what was trying to be said yesterday was that of the promise, which, although it might pertain to something to do with this world, the bigger picture is that of pleasing God; which is so much more than this world could ever matter, especially when it come to prosperity and life! So, that said, where do you think that leaves us here today? Sometimes we just need to keep on going no matter what; especially when it seems that the world is fighting against all that we stand for, just keep on pleasing the Lord. This goes back to the point made the other day, "Peace Revealed," because if we are more concerned with pleasing man than God, we are going to totally and completely miss out on the peace that the Lord has promised us...

""I am leaving you with a gift -peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really love me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am. I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe."" (John 14:27-29) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment