Tuesday, May 7, 2019

"Dress Maker"

"My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." (Psalms 121:2)

  I am really not going to try to explain it, because I don't understand it; not yet, except to say that I had a vision a few years back, strangest thing I ever could envision. I was meditating on the verse from Isaiah 6:1, (if meditation is the proper word to use),  and I vividly saw the, "train of His robe," but it was not a royal robe that I witnessed, it was the train of a wedding dress that filled the temple. As I studied the fabric of the train, as if to go from the back to front, I was drawn upon a figure that was sown within the fabric. As I focused upon the figure, I was shaken inside and instantly brought to tears, because the figure I saw was me! Don't ask me what I think it means, because my first reaction was not exactly glorifying, as least not for me. I was sharing with a friend yesterday and we starting talking about Jacob. The conversation went from the two brothers to the name Jacob and what his name actually means. Some interpret it to be 'swindler' or 'supplanter.' But the basic meaning to the name is, 'heel,' which many explain to mean, 'holder of the heel,' because he was named that because he was born holding his brothers heel. Surprisingly, there is a very strong reference being made in that illustration, which speaks to the way we get to make it into heaven: we only make it by holding onto the heel of Christ. But wait, it gets even better, because the heel that we hold onto is the heel that was bruised! What, you say? The bruised heel of Christ? Anywho, the title above comes from a very simple observation. Looking up the word, "made," which is the Hebrew word, 'asah, there are many words to describe what that word means and how it takes apart and puts back together, so many ways, so many layers; the main one is "do," used over 1,300 times; a few others, which I placed together with the next word that had the same amount of uses, were such: "wrought (52x), deal (52x), commit (49x), offer (49x), execute (48x), keep (48x), dress (13x), and maker (13x)." Sometimes I just do some really stupid things; I get that, and I believe that it is alright with God. How do I know this to be true? Because Jacob was named Israel by non other than God! Do you see what I see...

""To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal?" asks the Holy One. Look up into the heavens. Who created all the stars? He brings them out like an army, one after another, calling each by name. Because of his great power and incomparable strength, not a single one is missing. O Jacob, how can you say the LORD does not see your troubles? O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights? Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the LORD all find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:25-31) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment