Friday, September 14, 2018

"Unmatched"

"I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD." (Psalms 116:13)

 Nothing we can do could ever compare to the 'cup' that Jesus was given; we just cannot imagine the amount of suffering Jesus went through, not just His physical suffering, but His spiritual suffering as He was separated from the Father, having taken upon Himself the sins of the entire world. We are blessed beyond measure when we are given a particular cup to bare. I can tell you from my own experience, there is nothing I can think of doing that could bring more emotions and experience in feelings of the heart, than what I get to experience by taking care of my wife. Sure, there is hurt and suffering; not only mine, if it were just my own it would be easier to live with; but her's also, as I go on every day wondering what she is feeling inside and how it must feel to be trapped in that condition. Don't think I don't struggle with the pain of seeing her in the state she is in, because I hurt for her so much, some days I cannot stand to go on. But God is so gracious, reminding me of the love I get to feel in caring for her, the experience of that far outweighs the suffering; there is nothing else that could even come close! Maybe that is one way to express how love is brought to life, is by suffering; if it does not hurt, then it is not real love...

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but I didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." (1 Corinthians 13:1-7) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment