Saturday, September 1, 2018

"Life Happens"

"The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow." (Psalms 116:3)

 This is pretty typical for almost every believer to experience, at least once during their walk upon this fallen world, they find trouble and sorrow. I use to think of it as trouble and sorrow finding me; as if it were some kind of curse or a force of nature that randomly moved around the planet casting dark clouds over people. Maybe it was something I picked up from a cartoon or a movie. But in reality, it is something that is triggered in us, for whatever reason, whether spiritual or physical, we get thrown off guard or take our eyes off Jesus or forget who and what we are in Christ, and we get depressed. It might even really be about nothing, we just all of the sudden feel totally and completely a mess. A little hint of reason for anyone that might be facing in that direction: it is a direction! Turn and face the other way! Seriously, this is proven over and over again in the Bible. We do not need to feel any part of the sorrows of death or the pains of hell, because those things do not pertain to us! We have been delivered from death and hell; and no matter what we might be feeling, whether it is brought on by something really big, or nothing at all, it is just that, a feeling; and feelings can change in an instant, just like that! So, I guess what it is that I am trying to say, that if you do find that kind of trouble and sorrow, then you need to let it go, because it does not belong to you...

"They went to the olive grove called Gethsemane, and Jesus said, "Sit here while I go and pray." He took Peter, James, and John with him, and he became deeply troubled and distressed. He told them, "My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me." He went on a little further and fell on the ground. He prayed that, if it were possible, the awful hour awaiting him might pass him by. "Abba, Father," he cried out, "everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."" (Mark 14:32-36) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment