Friday, September 28, 2018

"Mercy and Truth"

"For his merciful kindness is great towards us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD." (Psalms 117:2)

 The more I study His word, the more I discover how little I comprehend how great His love is towards us. I get all the parts that are easy to understand, the cross of Christ, our need for being redeemed and reconciled back to God; but to see the reason that He loves me, that is where my weakness takes me to an edge, that I just cannot get past my own failures to deserve His love and affection. In the movie about the life of Rich Mullins, he makes a statement about the real question Jesus will ask us, when we get to heaven: "Did you believe that I loved you?" Interesting enough, it is the love of God that establishes His consistency throughout the entire Bible. If all of humanity were looked at as if they were all one, we would truly see the significant pattern of His love, and His one true purpose is to create fellowship between Himself and the children that He loves. The one thing that brings everything together into a perfect picture is the cross of Christ. In that one illustration we can witness God's love on display for all of humanity, every single issue, every sin, every broken heart that has ever searched for an answer; it was all displayed in that single event. That the God of all creation would go so far as to give His only Son, the only One of His kind, to be sacrificed upon that cross for our sins; all because there was absolutely no other way to make us perfect. That my friend is why His love is so hard to comprehend...

""Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going." "No, we don't know Lord," Thomas said. "We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.""
(John 14:1-7) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment