Tuesday, September 18, 2018

"Glory Bound"

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints." (Psalms 116:15)

 Nothing can quite compare to this illustration of God's desire for our fellowship. I tried to think of something in this life that might come close, and there was nothing that came to mind. We look at death as something dark and dreary; depressing, to say the least. If you have ever been to a funeral of someone that did not believe in God, it is totally and completely hopeless feeling, as in, there is no hope felt in that room at all. I will never forget what it was like at my son's funeral, how four or five of those that loved him were gathered around his open casket sharing about memories and filled with joy. It was a pretty awesome sight to see. I only hope it will be the same for me, that there will be a celebration for where I am, not a time of pity over my death. There is really only one thing that my heart wants to stay here for, and that is caring for my wife. No one is capable of caring for her like I can; no one I know is trustworthy enough to give her the love and affection she deserves. That is my pray, that she departs first; then I will feel totally free to leave. This is the point I think matters the most, is for us who love the Lord to desire to be in His presence. It is not just a reservation, it is a passion! Paul puts it this way, saying, "I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live." (Philippians 1:23-24 NLT) What can possibly harm me, if my desire is to be with the Lord! Absolutely nothing...

"Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, "For your sakes we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.") No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us."
(Romans 8:35-37) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment