Wednesday, September 12, 2018

"Let God Be True"

"I said in my haste, All men are liars." (Psalms 116:11)

 As you probably already know, this verse is actually meant to be part of the previous verse; a result of David being afflicted, his response was this, that all men are liars. Actually I think this is a pretty good observation, especially the it comes to the truth of God's word and how we should respond to opposition in declaring His truth. As I have shared before, when I first was saved, I was in a jail facility and I was eager to share Jesus with anyone that I felt needed to be saved. Not everyone was as eager to receive my message, and I did have a few confrontations with some of the more hardened inmates. We had a group of about four of us that prayed and studied the Scriptures together, and one day one of the group pulled me aside and told me, "Do not cast your pearls among the swine." He said this in response to my rejection, for about the third time, from this one inmate that I had been praying would listen to what I had to say. For about the third day in a row I had tried to witness to him, and for the third time, he had threatened to knock me out. My brother and I finally agreed to disagree, but I was convinced that I was right in thinking that Jesus meant that we should not be offended by bing rejected, not that we should give up witnessing to someone that has rejected our testimony. For me, it was by experience that I knew I was right, because I had someone give up on me when I was younger. Apparently I had offended them after a couple times they asked to share Jesus with me, and they quit asking; but deep down inside, I did not want them to quit. That was about three years prior to my salvation, when I was serving in the Navy. What I believe, is that we cast our pearls among the swine when we leave what we have been given, the truth, at the feet of those who offend us; not that we do not try to witness to those that reject what we have to say. There is nobody who is not worthy of hearing the Gospel; there is nobody that God cannot save, even if they do not want saving. Anyone who says that they do not need saving, is a liar...

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because unto them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." (Romans 3:1-4) KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment