Tuesday, September 4, 2018

"Meet the Meat"

"Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful." (Psalms 116:5)

 Obviously Arby's has nothing on this! This is the reason I can continue from day to day, and the reason I don't give up, even when I might feel like my life is over, because God is on my side! That's right, God is for us! He does not not give up on us, and He is always working His will out in our lives; even when we think He is doing nothing. Last night was long and hard; I think I might have slept two hours straight, if that. It happens sometimes when I get a title in my head that makes me think; this title was the one that came to me at about 11:48; and from then on, I was totally restless. I moved Marianne over to me and tried to cuddle, but when I finally fell asleep, I was awaken by the strangest dream I have ever had. I can't even begin to explain what it was, except that it was not human. The point to the title has to do with milk verses meat; a concept in the Bible that refers to our ability to digest certain things easily, and those things which we are not quite ready for, mostly because they are to hard to digest. It is a lot like when Jesus was speaking to His followers about eating His body and drinking His blood; many people quit following Him, because they just could not swallow what He was saying. Another point to this would be a concept that we are too unlikely to understand or realize the power we have been given; say like when we are thrown into a trial and it is way too soon in our Christian life to experience such an experience. There are just some things that are not meant for young believers to go through, but they can still happen, and they do. The main point is that trust in God requires that we totally believe these three things are meant for us; and above all, that He is merciful, because He loves us and wants to show off His mercy...

"But -"When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life." This is a trustworthy saying, and I want you to insist on these teachings so that all who trust in God will devote themselves to doing good. These teachings are good and beneficial for everyone." (Titus 3:4-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment