Monday, July 9, 2018

"Unmovable"

"Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance." (Psalms 112:6)

  I am so sorry about yesterday and the post, or lack thereof; I had typed out several more sentences more than once, but each time the connection was lost and nothing I typed was saved. It was almost a spiritual attack. I really don't know where I was, somewhere off the 5 FWY at a Rest Stop north of Harris Ranch. Obviously a place where the power of darkness hides out and where the presents of the Holy Spirit is not welcome. I was thinking about the Parodical Son as I was reading this verse this morning. I have heard at least two very different ideas on the whereabouts of where the son would be in the event of his untimely death; one idea is that if he had died in that pig-pen, then he would have died separated from the Father forever; whereas, another idea, is that he never stopped being the son of the Father, the Father that always looked for his return and always kept a place there in his home for that son, no matter where he might end up dying, his real address was still there with his Father. There is no doubt some serious difference between the two versions of how a relationship is formed between a child and his Heavenly Father. On the one hand, you have one where the relationship is based upon the child's actions and location, and on the other, you have one based upon what has been established by the Father. Seems to me that the real conditional thing to worry about is if the Father were to die while the son was not living within his household, but I don't think we ever need to worry about that! I wonder if that actually makes any sense? Seems to me that the Father never stopped loving the son and was always going to welcome him back; but then again, that is only up to the Father...

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me." (Psalms 62:5-7) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment