Sunday, July 1, 2018

"A Good Person Is Happy"

PSALMS 112:1
"Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments."

 You could call it a step up, I guess; or you could look at it from the side of protection and security. Maybe we should just keep on praising Him and not think too hard about all of our stupid mess-ups. Not that it matters, but this title today, like all the others, is the title written above this Psalm in my Bible. Maybe you could say that titles are a lot like footnotes, as they both are the opinion of the person or persons that have published a certain edition or transition of the Bible. Not that my Bible has anything special about it, but the Editor is Spiros Zodhiates; and I trust most everything that he says in his footnotes, so why not trust the titles also, right? Currently I am sitting at a Rest Stop in route to Chino. The night has been a long one and my sleep was pretty cheap, like maybe two hours of good sound sleep. But I feel pretty good. I don't know why, I just needed to use good in a sentence and thought that was a good way to do it. I am reminded of the time when the Rich Young Ruler came to Jesus, asking, "Good Master, what shall I do that I might inherit eternal life?" (Mark 10:17)
Do you remember what Jesus said first in His answer? He said, "Why calleth thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God." You can guess where I am going with this, because a person is only good if God declares that they are! And if God says you are good, then that means your good, which is a pretty good reason to be happy...

"So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins. He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit. Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace." (Romans 8:1-6) NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment