Saturday, July 28, 2018

"Beauty for Ashes" -2

"He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;" (Psalms 113:7)

 As much as I might want to take credit for anything that gets put forth from this blog, it is all the Lord,s doing; all the good stuff, that is, all the stuff that does not make sense, that is just me. This verse is all about being humble; it is not about the poor and needy, as in those that might be homeless or those that might need some food or shelter, this is about anyone who knows that they need God's hand in just dealing with life, whether they are rich or poor, it does not really matter. The problem with the rich is that they can buy things and feel independent; but the poor can feel independent also, because there are some that choose to live that way for just that reason. I know, because for a very short season of my life, that was me. I wanted nothing to make me dependent upon money or the need to get a study job, and every day was just about surviving another day. When I say short, I am talking 6 months tops; but I learned enough from that to understand why some people do it. First of all, we all must realize that everything is going to be burnt up, that nothing we own or have is really worth much at all compared to our eternity with the Lord; it is all rubbish or dung! My sister had this thing she would always say about how lucky I was to have all the things that I have; but I would always tell her, it's not about luck, it is about trusting God and working hard. If you are going to do anything about providing a place for your family, you need to trust in God and break a sweat; it is pretty much part of the curse. Abraham was considered to be very wealthy, but everything he had, he had because he trusted God and worked hard to make it happen; mostly by treating others right and being a man of good character. The better you treat others, the more people you have to better you; at least that is my experience. Besides that, God provides like nobody else can; He can make stuff out of dust, and He can turn dung into something or worth; never mind what He can do with the person, because He satisfies and provides for the need of our eternal soul. You cannot get that anywhere else but from the Lord...

"Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it." (1 Peter 3:8-9) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment