Monday, July 2, 2018

"Fruitfulness"

"His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed." (Psalms 112:2)

 Not that I should boast of anything, but most of my family has been born again. I don't actually know if I was the first, but my wife and my grandfather were the first fruits of my conversion. I took my mother to a concert at the church, which is where she went forward and accepted Jesus into her heart. My sister, after many years of challenging her following the J.W. stronghold, had finally given in and asked Jesus into her heart. Several of my relatives raised their hand during an invitation given at our wedding; at least two of my brother-in-laws were among them; both of them, and hopefully all three of them are currently in heaven waiting for their sister and me to join them. Even my mother-in-law and her husband are currently serving in the church, as leadership in Celebrate Recovery. Even my little brother is currently walking with the Lord, and he too is part of leadership in Celebrate Recovery. There are countless others that are the fruit of this fruit; and so on and so on; which is how it is meant to work. The thing that absolutely blows my mind, is that I am far from perfect, but I serve and follow a perfect God; and it is Him that gets all the glory! Whether or not any of my friends were converted, I really don't know, except for my employer and his wife; most of my friends prior to my conversion are no longer a part of my life. This is why we are still here on this earth, to be fruitful and multiply for the kingdom of God. We really have no idea the welcoming committee which will be waiting for us in heaven. But you can sure bet it will be glorious...

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:36-39) KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment