Wednesday, July 25, 2018

"Known By God"

"Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!" (Psalms 113:6)

 I know it might not seem like there is anything new here; it is always the same thing, over and over; we live to fight again another day, always hoping to get it right, always holding on to the same basic truth: "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." To be totally honest with you, I slept in today, really slept in! I have never slept in this long, till 6:34! I might have one, or two mornings that it was 5:45, but never 6:34. It feels weird to me when I get too much sleep, like I have wasted part of my life and it is hard to make up for wasted time! Here is the thing about me and sleeping too much, I just do not think it is very productive to sleep more than 6 hours a night; any more, and it makes me feel as though I have cheated myself out of doing things that need to get done. Anywho, things are what they are and there is nothing else we can ever do about what has already been done; we can only press on and do differently. What ever that might mean for you, you need to give it to God and then thank Him for it! Seriously, we cannot forget to thank Him for everything that He does! Don't forget that it is by His Spirit that you have any chance to turn your life around; you will never be the child of God you are meant to be without the Holy Spirit building and empowering your life...

"God says, "Rebuild the road! Clear away the rocks and stones so my people can return from captivity." The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts."" (Isaiah 57:14-15) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment