Thursday, July 19, 2018

"Keep on Praising Him"

"Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore." (Psalms 113:2)

 When it come to being humble, humility is knowing what we are and why it is that we must serve the Lord. We are sinners that have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, the One who paid the debt for us, a debt that we could have never paid on our own, not in a thousand lifetimes. But, even the strongest and most loyal servant still has days of discouragement and doubt. Take this morning for instance, I could barely get out of bed. For some strange reason I felt as though I really did not have a reason to get up. I canceled my bike ride last night because of a large inspection I have this morning, so that might have made me feel lazy; but even then, I am usually excited to spend some time in prayer and sit here doing this blog, even if I don't feel like it, I am usually still excited to see what the Lord will speak to me about. Can anyone relate to what I am saying? Do you know what Jesus was going to do after He calmed that storm? That is kind of what I am speaking of; as the enemy will almost always try to prevent us from experiencing something he knows will change us and make us stronger in the Lord. Don't think that he won't, because he knows the lesson that is going to be shared or the teaching that the Pastor is working on. It is not a matter of if we will ever be discouraged, it is a matter of when; and when it happens, we must always keep on praising the Lord! That is our conduit to encouragement, to praise the Lord, even if we don't feel like doing it, we must! We might not even think we have anything to praise Him about, as we might be overwhelmed by sadness or despair; but that is the enemies number one tool, discouragement. Above all else, we are never without a reason to praise the Lord; we could never be without a reason to praise Him, because He has given us eternal life in Him. That is a pretty good place to start...

"Now all glory to God, who is able through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment