Saturday, July 7, 2018

"To Be Gracious"

"A good man sheweth favor, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion." (Psalms 112:5)

 Ever have one of those mornings when you feel like you missed the train or feel off the boat? Well it is one of those for me. I think I remember turning off my alarm, and then went right back to sleep. I told someone I would be at the propane tank at 8:00 this morning, so wouldn't you know it. I went to bed wondering what I would do to kill time till 8:00, now I am speed-typing to get rolled up and there on time. As with most verses that speak of being gracious, this is no different than the parable Jesus gave of the servant that went and threw his fellow servant in jail, right after his Master had just forgiven him a debt he could have never repaid. And, much like what Jesus was saying in the last closing Scripture, "For the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." In other words, If you want to be treated right by your Heavenly Father, then you should treat your fellowman right; if you and to be forgiven of your sins, then you need to forgive your brothers and sisters. Do unto others as you would have done unto you...

"For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commandeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:7-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment