Sunday, July 22, 2018

"Above and Beyond"

"The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens." (Psalms 113:4)

 Have you ever considered the bigness of God? Not that it changes anything, but many of those big giant stars are so big, that their diameter is larger than the earths orbit around the sun. That is pretty amazing, but it still somehow falls short of indicating how powerful and mighty our God is, because even the biggest star is just a tiny speck in the sky above, and God's glory is above all of that! Tell me that does not give you goosebumps just thinking about how glorious He must be. If you want to talk about humility, then the aspect ratio between what we are and what God must be, that should be enough to make the strongest man alive fee humble; even the strongest nation has nothing that even comes close to the greatness of God. What blows my mind more than anything else, is that He loves me; never mind that I am so insignificant and small, but even though I don't always live as though He is watching, He still loves me just the same. I have a sentence that I wrote down on some notes, it was from a teaching at a Calvary Chapel in So. California, and it says: "Live as if Jesus is coming back today!" That is really a pretty good way to practice getting ready, but in reality, He is already here; He is always with us, as He said, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." So to be more correct, we should be living as if Jesus is living inside of us! We can't take Him off, as if He were some sort of outer garment; He has come into our heart and He is there to stay. I feel sick when I think of all the times I have sinned over these last 36 years, as if He was not even there; doing whatever I wanted, with no regard for the sickness and offensiveness of my actions. Crazy and stupid, that is my plea! But, despite all of that, He is still able to forgive me of those sins; His blood is able to cover all of my sins, every last one of them! Besides all of that, He is still right now standing at the right hand of the Father making intersection for me! This salvation is real, we must always embrace and cherish it, never letting go of what it represents: God's love is bigger than anything we could ever do...

"I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." (Ephesians 3:16-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment