Tuesday, June 5, 2018

"Proof of the Truth"

"The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies." (Psalms 110:2)

 You and I both know that no one needs to tell us what we should be doing and not doing; it is already known to us what God has required of us all; we just need to do what we have been told! There is a certain knowledge that we have been given in regard to God's law. The Holy Spirit teaches each and everyone of us that, and each of us are responsible for our own understanding of what it is that we are meant to be doing. Within this verse is the truth of many ages; the kind of truth that keeps getting tested by time and proven over and over, no matter the opposition and the powers to be. God is the final word in what goes on and how things get done. Isn't that the point to all that happens? No matter what, God's will is done! We may know what it is that we are to be doing, but we seldom know what the heck is going on! I still can't figure it out! Day in, and day out, I keep wondering what God is doing and why He does it the way that He does. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that I might not ever get the answer on this side of heaven. And to tell you the truth, I am really okay with that. I know that it gets to me now and again, but I also know that is all part of trusting God. If we had the answers, then where would trust come into play? There are those that will tell us that Jesus really had no special powers to be free from sin, and that He gave up all those powers becoming human. Hogwash! Jesus knew the Father's plan; He had the map and He knew how to read it. We cannot come close to doing what Jesus did, because He and the Father had it all worked out, and He was in on the plan. The best that we can do is to trust in the outcome, the final outcome! That would be the final destination in heaven, for those that might not know. Any outcome that happens here is not final. If you get cured from cancer, you will still grow old and suffer a little more; if you get out of your financial ruin, you still can't take anything with you when you leave. It really does not matter what happens here, because it is all temporary and is really not within our control. But, Oh my goodness! There is one thing that we have control over, both you and I, and that my friend is getting to heaven. Whomsoever is you and I...

"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes -the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right with in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."" (Romans 1:16-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment