Saturday, June 9, 2018

"It Is Real"

"The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek." (Psalms 110:4)

 Besides the fact that the truth is within us, there is one thing that overcomes all doubt and failure of faith that we might have as believers, God's promises! Oddly enough, as I was thinking of this verse yesterday evening, I overheard someone speaking on the news, saying, "It is Real," but it sounded very close to "Israel." Maybe it was just the way they rolled everything together; and I know what they said, but Israel is what I heard; if that makes any sense whatsoever. As I was praying this morning, I keep hearing all those times when Jesus would say, "Verily, verily," as He would begin to speak of something that was the truth; as if to say, Most Assuredly, or Do Not Doubt Me. There is no way that anyone can convince me that the Bible is not true; I have studied it enough to see that God has most surely given us His word and that it is not made up or a fairytale. And I know for certain that God loves me; the proof of that is written everywhere in His word, and it is written upon my heart. Where I have issues of uncertainty is my love for Him; that is where my doubt comes from, where my insecurity is formed, and where I feel so unworthy of His love. IT IS REAL! Not much more I need to say...

"Consider then how great this Melchizedek was. Even Abraham, the great patriarch of Israel, recognized this by giving him a tenth of what he had taken in battle. Now the law of Moses required that the priests, who are descendants of Levi, must collect a tithe from the rest of the people of Israel, who are also descendants of Abraham. But Melchizedek placed a blessing upon Abraham, the one who had already received the promises of God. And without question, the person who has the power to give a blessing is greater than the one who is blessed." (Hebrews 7:4-7) NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment