Tuesday, June 12, 2018

"It Is Serious" - 2

"The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath." (Psalms 110:5)

 Before I forget, Jesus is the Word of God, just in case you did not know this. If there was one thing that fascinated me more than anything else when I got saved, it was that Jesus is the Word. I spent several weeks making a crossword puzzle to show all the places in the Bible that proved He was God, and specifically that He was the Word of God. If you stop and think about it, it is the Word of God that gets things done, throughout the entire Bible, it is God's Word! John 1:1 was the verse that broke through and changed my heart: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." How it is that people who study the Bible don't understand that, I just can't figure them out; except to say that there is another spirit at work within them, the spirit of the antichrist. Don't doubt that it is not true, because I have seen the hold that it has on people, people very close to me. This spirit is at work in the hearts and minds of everyone that denies the Jesus is the Christ! And if you understand the Scriptures that speak of Christ, then you know that He is God. I heard Doctor Chuck sharing on this the other day, as he spoke about Isaiah 9:6 and where it says, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given." He mentioned that this was speaking of two separate things; the man child that was born in the flesh, and the Son of God manifested to the world. Jesus was both man and God! Now, if I were someone that was to speak evil of the Son of God, I think that I would be very careful of what I said; words matter a lot, especially when we are talking about the Word of God! Speaking about getting things done, it was Him that they crucified on that cross! Yes, it was that imagine that shattered my hard heart almost 37 years ago. That the Creator of this world would suffer and be put to death on a cross, to save the same world that He created. What ever you do, don't take that lightly...

 "Then everyone -the kings of the earth, the rulers, the generals, the wealthy, the powerful, and every slave and free person -all hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. And they cried to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of the one who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to survive?"" (Revelation 6:15-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment