Thursday, June 7, 2018

"Power of the Truth"

"Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth." (Psalms 110:3)

 Not that I don't freak out from time to time, because I do; mostly it's the little things that worry me the most; throw something big at me, and I almost always hand it straight to God. Let me tell why I think that is, at least from my perspective; the little things are things I seem to try to take on myself, things that I hardly ever bother the Lord with; but then I wish that I had, and wonder if I have made a mistake. The things that I know are too big for me to handle, I don't even consider trying to do anything with, and I just hand it over to the Lord. It is easy to see how that works, but I think it is best to give Him everything, even the stuff I think I can handle on my own. Here is a lesson in what it means to be His servant; if everything belongs to the Lord, then everything that we touch must be treated as such; none of it is ours, not even the time of day! You know that expression, "I gave at the office," well it is so too an expression within the church. Maybe I am making it more complicated than it is; but then again, every single moment of every day is also the Lord's. The more that I give to the Lord, the more that I have got to give up! Isn't that something? We really don't realize how much we have, both good and bad, until it is time to deal with it or put it to work. Whether we are talking about the stuff that we need to get rid of, or it is the gifts that the Lord has given to us, the more we give of ourselves to the Lord, the more numerous they both become. What exactly is the common denominator in all of that? What is it that each and every single one of us have available and at our disposal? It is all about time! Time to get serious and quit messing around; time to make every waking moment count. I really don't want to be that servant that says, "My Lord has delayed His coming," because it's time to get ready and stop taking chances...

"I will praise you in the great assembly. I will fulfill my vows in the presence of those who worship you. The poor will eat and be satisfied. All who seek the LORD will praise him. Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy. The whole earth will acknowledge the LORD and return to him. All the families of the nations will bow down before him. For royal power belongs to the LORD. He rules all the nations." (Psalms 22:25-28) NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment