Sunday, June 10, 2018

"It Is Real" -Two

"The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek." (Psalms 110:4)

 Notwithstanding, my abilities to love God as I should do not limit God's love for me; His love is not determined by my affection towards Him, it is His affection towards me that counts. I hope you caught that from the closing Scripture and the highlighted, "And without question," part of the statement. Do not doubt God's word! Going back to verse three for just a moment, it speaks more than anything else about death and new life, new young life! This life is only temporary and is not the life that matters most to those of us that put our trust in Jesus Christ. It is that new life which is to follow, there is where our treasures are to be found, not here, not now. Jesus told His disciples, "Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterward." (John 13:36) This He said speaking of heaven and the fact that He was going to go be with the Father. This is a fact! Jesus made sure to explain it further by saying, "In my Father's house there are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2) The life we are looking forward to is a life that comes without pain and death; a life without sorrow and worries, where there is no more struggle against sin. So yes, I am sure, more sure than ever before, that my life is secure in Christ! Whether or not I am here, there, or in the air, I will always belong to Christ! To put it another way, my life is no longer my own and it has a new home that no longer has attachment to this earth. If we are born again in Christ, then there is no such thing as becoming unborn! I don't have all the answers, that is for sure; but we that have taken shelter in the Lord, we are safe and secure in Christ Jesus, forever more...

"Now when people take an oath, they call on someone greater than themselves to hold them to it. And without any question that the oath is binding. God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind. So God has given us both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God's inner sanctuary. Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek." (Hebrews 6:16-20) NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment