Thursday, June 14, 2018

"The One and Only" -Too

"He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries." (Psalms 110:6)

 It might not look pretty, but it sure is better than hell! There are so many different versions of what victory means in Christ; Do we have the victory within us? Is it something that we must work to achieve? Is it a state of mind? Is it even something that is possible? I could go on and on with so many different examples of what people are teaching and how they believe we are to walk in the victory of Jesus Christ. This is not about victory, this is about judgment, as in, Who will be the judge! "Who do people say that I am?" That was a question Jesus asked His disciples; and He was offered several different answers, but then He asked them: "But who do you say that I am?" And He received one answer, "The Christ, the Son of the Living God." Many may not know this, but all judgment has been given to the Son; and when the Bible says all, the meaning of all, is everything! This is why Jesus said, "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (John 8:36) Why would anyone want to go anywhere else to be set free? There is freedom in nothing or none other than in Christ! Taken for face value, there are many different ways that people look for freedom; freedom is as much about how we feel as it is about how we live or how we think that we should be living. You can have all the money in the world, but if you don't feel satisfied, you can't feel free. I will give you an example of what I know. When I was saved, I was in jail; prior to getting saved I could think about hardly anything else but being home with my wife and child; but after I was saved, where I was where I was meant to be, even though I still wanted to be home. I had been set free! Sure, I was still locked up, but that really did not matter all that much anymore because I was free, and freedom had nothing to do with a place, it was an experience. I know the Judge of my soul; I know that the Judge of my soul has paid the price for my sins; and I know that the Judge of my soul is making judgment upon all that I do, and He declares my innocence before the Father. That is freedom; that is what victory looks like...

""But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you, I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through the deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you."" (Isaiah 43:1-4) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment