Friday, June 15, 2018

"One Safe Place"

"He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head." (Psalms 110:7)

 When it comes to the final judgment, what could make it anymore convincing as to where we need to place our trust, than in the final Judge? Ultimately He will have the final word! Do you feel as though you are free? Freedom is not a place, it is in a place, a place far out of reach, and for good reason. If you could come and go from there, you would somehow find a way to mess it up and cheapen the glory of all that it is; much as we do with our own salvation. Which is exactly why it is secured for us in heaven. You can't mess it up and you can't cheapen it, no matter how hard you try; it is safe and secure with the Lord, right there where He is, at the right hand of the Father. Only God can take us from being defiled and unholy to being sanctified and pure; He is the One that accounts righteousness to any man or woman, nobody else has that authority and power. Therefore, my dear bothers and sisters, if He has called you sanctified and pure, then guess what that means: You are sanctified and pure! We belong to Jesus, and there is nowhere else that we can go where He cannot reach us or keep us. We even have His stamp upon our life, "Property of Jesus Christ." If you doubt it is true, then try and go into a place that you do not belong, among people that are not His children; see if you are not discovered, if they do not notice who you are. They will point you out as soon as you walk into the room! I know it is true, because I have experienced it myself. There is absolutely nowhere we can go where He is not with us; sorry if you think otherwise, but you are only fooling yourself. If you think that you can somehow hide and duck into this or that without Him, you are never alone, ever! Think about what that means, and then remember how much He still loves you. Nothing can take His love away from us, absolutely nothing...

"O LORD, I have so many enemies; so many are against me. So many are saying, "God will never rescue him!" Interlude. But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy mountain. Interlude. I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me. I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side. Arise, O LORD! Rescue me, my God! Slap all my enemies in the face! Shatter the teeth of the wicked! Victory comes from you, O LORD! May you bless your people. Interlude." (Psalms 3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment