Wednesday, June 20, 2018

"Picture Perfect"

"His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever." (Psalms 111:3)

 Regardless of our situation, we are His workmanship; which means, we are being made perfect in Him, one way or another. I cannot speak for anyone else, nor can anyone else speak for me, but in a very strange kind of way, we all speak to one another. My life, whatever kind of life that it is, has something to minister to the needs of someone else; we all contribute, in one way or another to the perfect work that God is doing all around us. Just because we can't see it, does not mean it is not happening, you can be sure of that. Please don't misunderstand what I am trying to say, because there is nothing about my life that is perfect, but it is God's perfect work in me, throughout every trial or situation He allows into my life. Do you believe that for yourself? If you don't, then you should. It is the reason that we endure through everything well, because we know that it all works towards the good, even though it looks so horribly bad. If we are truly His workmanship, then there is nothing bad about this picture; even the bad is used towards the good, in one way or another. And don't go thinking that I have figured something out, because I still try to convince myself it is all true; but I know that it has to be true because God's word says it is so, so it has to be true, whether or not I can understand it or accept it. It is far above my pay-grade, that is for sure! It was 21 yeas from the time Joseph was sold to the Ishmaelites to the time he was placed 2nd in command in Egypt. Don't think for a moment that Joseph did not ever wonder if his life was worthless, because it had to be so. But there is something about hope that keeps even the most miserable life reaching forward, hoping for that reason to be fulfilled. That's the thing about God's purposes, they are so far above us...

"God's purpose in all of this was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Jesus Christ our Lord. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence. So please don't lose heart because of my trials here. I am suffering for you, so you should feel honored. When I think of all of this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is." (Ephesians 3:10-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment