Saturday, June 16, 2018

"One Safe Place" -2

"He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head." (Psalms 110:7)

 This salvation thing is more personal than we might think; it is something that each and every person must make their own, a personal relationship with the Lord. I can't tell you that you are safe and secure in Christ, that is something you must know on your own; but if you know it to be so, there is no one that can tell you otherwise. Does that mean we don't have doubts? I wish it was so, because there are always times of confusion in every believer's life. But, there is always the cross! That is where I go, time and time again! This is the "brook in the way," the place where Jesus hung His head down, as He drank of the "brook." That is where the judgment for my sins took place, and that is where I continually find my relief. There is where it was finished, the curse of sin was broken, once and for all! How do I know that I have eternal security in Christ? Because I know that I am washed in His blood and my sins are gone! Gone is a place where my sins can never be found; at least not by God! I, on the other hand, seem to remember them often. It is this confusion of my love for God; this fight that continues within me, causing me to doubt, wondering why I cannot love Him with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength; and why is it that I cannot love my neighbor as I should. Jesus said that on those two commands all the other commandments where hung; every other law hangs on these two commands, love God and love others. There is that word again and again: "hung." Was it really finished? As far as Him hanging down His head, that part was over; now it is time to "lift up the head," because He has won us victory in Him. I cannot love Him as I should, not in this broken body; but in Christ I can do all things, including that which is impossible for me to do on my own. I guess that means I get to lift my head up also, as do you! Maybe that is why Jesus told us to continually take communion, saying, "Do this in remembrance of me," because we forget what He has done, but we remember all that we have done. I have been forgiven! Thank you Jesus...

"When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. I will give him the honors of a victorious soldier, because he exposed himself to death. He was counted among the rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels." (Isaiah 53:11-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment