Thursday, November 30, 2017

"Wrong is Never Right"

"Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD." (Psalms 104:35)
Whether or not you agree, that is totally up to you; but there are plenty more reasons to be right, then there are to be wrong. All the wrong reasons are temporary and will all be forgotten; except, that is, for all the pain and tragedy that they will bring. All the pleasures of this world will never truly satisfy. If you think that I am wrong, then you have not truly listened to Solomon's testimony. He had it all, and yet, he found no satisfaction in any of it; it was all just a vapor, that provided no nourishment to his soul. As previously mentioned, this Psalm was a continuation of the previous one, the one about "God's Love." This one has the title, "God Is the Creator," and as such, it should remind us that He has total control of everything, including our lives. Sure, He might let us get away with a little mischief now and again, but the bottom line to our very existence, is that our lives are in His hand. Not that you should be afraid of that simple fact; you just need to be aware that you are not going to be getting away with anything. Your life is an open book before the LORD! The word "consumed," reminds me of a message that I heard yesterday, one where the passage of Scripture was, "God is a consuming fire." This is not something negative, at least not for those that want to be consumed by God. Because God is love, when we are consumed by Him, we become lovely and know love. That's what fire does, it puts things on fire. Isn't that really what it is all about? The Creator of every single soul that has ever lived, every single sinner that has been born in sin, He has made it possible that they are sinners no more. It is really not a matter of consuming sinners or eliminating all of the wicked; it is more about changing lives. After all, the wicked are only wicked because they refuse to make Him Lord of their lives. Once they are converted, all wickedness is gone! It is as easy as the choice to rejoice; it all comes down to choice. "As far as the east is from the west," could actually be the direction, the choice we choose to follow. Sometimes I get so confused; it is really hard to make sense of it all! Do I have a choice, or have I been chosen? Guess we will find out. But in the time before that time might come, make sure not to choose wrong; and if you do choose wrong, make sure that you get made right...
"Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's!" (Psalms 103:1-5) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment