Thursday, November 2, 2017

"How High"

"Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth."
(Psalms 104:9)
I think I know what is happening, this is God reminding me of my first love; that day when I fell in love with the Creator of my soul, the One who placed Himself upon that cross to die for me. That had to be a very difficult thing to do; not just for the Son, but the Father too had to have felt the blow of watching His Son be torn apart by men who enjoyed what they were doing to a innocent man. Not only was Jesus innocent of any wrong doing, but He said to Himself, He did not come to condemn the world, but to save it; so He was not only innocent of any wrong, but He was a champion of all that was right and just. I'm sorry, excuse me if I take a moment. I could not help but think about that time when Jesus wept, how He wept for all the pain and suffering that we fear and go through, all because of sin and the death that it brings. Regardless of who you are, you are a part of the curse. We might not remember that, as we go about our busy lives; but the curse was begun the day that Adam sinned in the garden; death was begun and has continued all the way through the ages. There is something special about this verse, it speaks to God's promise to never again bring a flood upon the whole earth. There are some who would like to assume that the waters did not cover the earth, but I believe that God caused the earth to be completely covered, every mountain peak was gone, and everything that breath air died, even the birds of the air. That was a pretty big deal for God, it repented His heart, which means that His heart was broken over all the loss of life that had to take place, all because of man's sinful hearts. The next time that God would judge the sins of the whole world, He would do it by placing the penalty upon His Son. No more flood to cleanse the world, it would be cleansed by the blood of His Son; except this time, it would be cleansed for good! When Jesus said, "It is finished," He was speaking about the power of sin being defeated, once and for all. From that moment on, sin's curse was broken; when He rose from the grave, death's power was defeated; and when He ascended up into heaven, we were once and for all time released from the curse and given power from on high...
""Just as I swore in the time of Noah that I would never again let a flood cover the earth, so now I swear that I will never again be angry and punish you. For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken," says the LORD, who has mercy on you. "O Storm-bettered city, troubled and desolate! I will rebuild you with precious jewels and make your foundations from lapis lazuli. I will make your towers of sparkling rubies, your gates of shinning gems, and your walls of precious stones. I will teach all your children, and they will enjoy great peace. You will be secure under a government that is just and fair. Your enemies will stay far away. You will live in peace, and terror will not come near. If any nation comes to fight you, it is not because I sent them. Whoever attacks you will go down in defeat. "I have created the blacksmith that fans the coals beneath the forge and makes the weapons of destruction. And I have created the armies that destroy. But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!"" (Isaiah 54:9-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment