Monday, November 27, 2017

"It's Who He Is"

"I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being."
(Psalms 104:33)
I must confess, yesterday was not a very easy posting day; but it felt good to be reminded of how much this, that some might consider a burden, is more than just a blessing, it's me getting to know a very small part of what unconditional love is all about. That is pretty much the point Isaiah was trying to make; we do not deserve any of it, but God still does it! He cannot help Himself, He loves us so much! He is not looking for anything in return; there is nothing that we can do that will cause Him to love us more or less, because He is the One who has created us, He already knows every single little thing about us; He knows us better than we know ourselves. This is why we celebrate all that He has done, it is more than enough to ensure that we make it through to the other side; and all that we need to do is rest in all that He has done! Some days I get it, and some days it is just so overwhelming, I forget that it is already done. Do you get where I am coming from? If we had some sort of godliness in us, some kind of righteousness that made us perfect, we would probably be no use to God. He needs to keep us humble, knowing how much that we still need Him and how much His grace is sufficient for our lives. You might not believe this, but my wife is the most perfect woman that I know; she is the most perfect person, sinless and totally innocent of any wrong. It is my duty as her husband to care for her, not because I want to or not, but because I must, she is my wife! That is the small little part of what I am talking about. Whether or not Jesus wanted to or not, what He did for us was what He had to do; must trumps want every time! It might not all make sense to us now, but still we must trust that it will all work towards the good, to the Father's perfect will. After all, we are just the clay; we are molded and shaped, marred and mended, broken and reshaped again; but we are always in the Potter's hand...
"O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in the parched and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and your glory. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy." (Psalms 63:1-5) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment