Wednesday, November 1, 2017

"How Wide"

"They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them." (Psalms 104:8)
It pretty obvious by now that we are talking about more than just water; but if you wanted to get more technical, water and God's word have very much in common with each other, on so many different levels. Don't ask me why, but wide is the word that I was given, without much illustration, at that; but let's see where this goes. As to the mention of faith, our faith is only as strong as the one that we are putting that faith into and how our heart believes that to be so. I don't know about you, but if I spend more time acting as if God is not here than I do acknowledging that He is, then in my heart I really don't give Him the kind of presence that He deserves. I guess it all comes down to the kind of relationship that we think that we need to have with God in order to get by, and in order to make it into heaven. Do I need to always be near Him? or can I fade in and out, as if I am visiting Him now and again? I guess it really depends on the life that I wish to be living. If I want to live a godly life that is spent serving Him, then I need to spend the majority of my day acknowledging His presence. There really is something that needs to be said for the kind of relationship this new life brings with it, because it is not intended to be flicked off and on like a light switch; real power comes from walking constantly in the Light. I know it might seem as though I am making this more than it should actually be, but that's only because it is something that is hardly ever considered. When it comes to counting the cost, it is really not a once in a while thing that we do; it needs to be continually put into practice, something that is well established in our lives. Maybe that is what "wide" is meant to mean, that it is spread throughout every nook and cranny of our lives. We cannot have faith in some areas and not in others; we cannot assign God's presence to only certain particular parts or places in our lives...
"Listen as Wisdom calls out! Hear as understanding raises her voice! On the hilltop along the road, she takes her stand at the crossroads. By the gates at the entrance to the town, on the road leading in, she cries aloud, "I call to you, to all of you! I raise my voice to all the people. You simple people, use good judgment. You foolish people, show some understanding. Listen to me! For I have important things to tell you. Everything I say is right, for I speak the truth and detest every kind of deception. My advice is wholesome. There is nothing devious or crooked in it. My words are plain to anyone with understanding, clear to those with knowledge. Choose my instruction rather than silver, and knowledge rather than pure gold. For wisdom is far more valuable than rubies. Nothing you desire can compare with it."" (Proverbs 8:1-11) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment