Sunday, November 12, 2017

"All Around Goodness"

"He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down." (Psalms 104:19)
I never said that those who do wicked do not deserve punishment; just because God can use wicked men for His purposes does not mean they are not subject to condemnation. There are a few wicked men that I know of who have more than likely been redeemed; like the worst king Judah ever had, Manasseh, the son born from Hezekiah during his fifteen year extension of life. Actually, there were two wicked men that were associated with that fifteen year extension who were converted, King Nebuchadnezzar was another, as a result of Hezekiah showing off the treasures of his kingdom. But do not think for a moment God was not in control; everything was ordained by God; everything was spoken of before it actually happened. Maybe that's the part we don't get. If God says something is going to happen, we should actually stop and think about what that means and how it will change our lives. Adam might have done well in doing so; Eve was deceived, but Adam willingly sinned. He knew full well what he was doing, yet he chose to do it anyway. God is still doing good things, even in the midst of horrifying badness. He does this on very large scales, as well as on very small and personal ones. Each and every devastating act of wickedness, God can and does use for the good; some way, some how, God will use it for the good, for His purposes, and to bring about His will upon this earth. He performs this in our person life as well, we just might not get a chance to witness all the results, but we can be assured by His word that it will happen. Abraham's mistrust in God bringing him a child through Sarah created Ishmael, but God used the descendants of Ishmael to save the whole tribe of Israel. (Genesis 37:28) Actually, if you do a quick study of how complex mistakes we make turn towards the good, it is almost hard to keep up with; a spider web of never ending process and results, that only God can figure out or bring about. Do you have devastation in your life? Does it seem as though there is no hope? Your devastation is God's opportunity to make something good; the lack of hope is God's open door to provide a wealth of good things to come. We might not witness it, not here, not now, but God is on the Throne making good things happen all around. Believe it...
""The day is coming," says the LORD, "when I will greatly increase the human population and the amount of animals here in Israel and Judah. In the past I deliberately uprooted and tore down this nation. I overthrew it, destroyed it, and brought disaster upon it. But in the future I will just as deliberately plant it and build it up. I, the LORD, have spoken! "The people will no longer quote this proverb: 'The parents have eaten sour grapes, but their children's mouths pucker of the taste.' All people will die for their own sins -those who eat sour grapes will be the ones whose mouths will pucker. "The day is coming," says the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. This covenant will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and brought them out of the land of Egypt. They broke that covenant, though I loved them as a husband loves his wife," says the LORD. "But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day," says the LORD. "I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, 'You should know the LORD.' For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already," says the LORD. "And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins." It is the LORD who provides the sun to light the day and the moon and stars to light the night, and who stirs the sea into roaring waves. His name is the LORD of Heaven's Armies. and this is what he says: "I am as likely to reject my people Israel as I am to abolish the laws of nature!" This is what the LORD says: "Just as the heavens cannot be measured and the foundations of earth cannot be explored, so I will not consider casting them away for the evil they have done. I, the LORD, have spoken!""
(Jeremiah 31:27-37) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment