Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"Yonder Sonder"

"By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin." (Psalms 102:5)
Sometimes it is the simple things in life that cause us to wonder why God puts up with some of what we do; simple meaning those things that we understand to be right and wrong, or the things which we do not need to ask God's guidance on, but we do the opposite of what we know is the right thing to do. Take for instance saving a life. It's not every day that someone might get a chance to save someone's life; but if that instance might take place, there usually isn't enough time to pray about what to do, you just act and do whatever is required. As I have mentioned before, it's not against the law to not save someone that you know is in danger of dying. You can turn and walk away; or you can just choose to do absolutely nothing. If it's something that might put your own life in danger, you do have the right to just say no and save yourself. There is a very fine line to what is right and wrong. Although the world would like us to blur that line, it's really more about the difference between good and right; good does not always mean right. Pastor Bryan is teaching out of 1 Samuel, and Sunday he mentioned how Saul was a good king, but David was the right king. Based of chapter 15, Saul was determined to be a bad king, yet he was still a good choice for the moment. Whoever it is that has written this Psalm, they are someone who has been displaced from the place that they are yearning to be. If it was David, then his hiding outside of Jerusalem during Absalom's revolt would surely fit. If it was Daniel, then his wanting to be back in Jerusalem and not in Babylon would fit also. If it were us, by reason of wanting to do something over, as if that were even possible, then it would also fit quite nicely. And we may not be able to do something over, but our God is surely a God of second chances! That is what is so amazing to me, that God has a reset button that never quits! If you think that you have crossed that line, as long as you have breath enough to ask His forgiveness, God is faithful to forgive you. Not only will He forgive you, but He will dust you off and use you again...
"O LORD, don't rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage. Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony. I am sick at heart. How long, O LORD, until you restore me? Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love. For the dead do not remember you. Who can praise you from the grave? I am worn out from sobbing. All night I flood my bed with weeping, drenching it with my tears. My vision is blurred by grief; my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies. Go away, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer. May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified. May the suddenly turn back in shame." (Psalms 6) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment