Sunday, September 17, 2017

"The Real Subject"

"When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory." (Psalms 102:16)
I know it might not seem like much, but believe me, it is the complete story. You might have heard of six minute abs of steel, but now we are talking about the complete story of the Bible in three minutes. Is it even possible? I guess it depends where the focus is, because if it's all about Jesus, then it is a great possibility. Yes, it is true, there is a version of the Bible presented in just three minutes; it can be found on the website for CSN International. Although you might have to go to their Facebook page to see the presentation, and in that case I will not be viewing it. I will let someone I know go check it out and let me know how it is. I am not a fan of Facebook; even though I still have a page, which people who don't know or realize I don't go, still to post it; I would take it down if I could, but then I would have to log on and go to it. Even then, I don't think they would let me totally remove it from their records. The number of people I know who have grown obsessed with Facebook; it's the first thing they go to when they wake up, and it's the last that they look at before they go to sleep; never mind the constant scrolling and messaging all throughout the day, I just don't like the way that it grabs people into it and does not let go. I have thought about this blog, and whether or not it is the same; it might be to some, but I am only posting on it once a day. Besides, I like the way it keeps me in the Word; I have not missed a day picking up my Bible and reading in it for quite a long time. I am getting excited for Men's Camp that is coming up this next weekend. I am taking my wife, that way I don't need to worry about her while I am away. Don't worry, she will remain in the RV for most of the weekend; but just the thought of her being there with me, it will be a pleasant change. I truly believe that the Lord is coming very soon. It is not really about the actual day or the hour anymore, it is really about our hearts being ready and expectant. I don't know how, but I am going to try and not be apart from my wife as much as I have been during the snow season. It will mean a lot more RV trips, but so be it. Jesus is coming soon, so we need to get ready. Ready means that we have our bags packed and they have been put in the car, technically speaking. Whether or not you can teach the Bible in a three minute video, it surely can't cover all of the adventures and the thrills that we get out of learning how we get to and stay in the moment. The Lord will appear in less than a flash, but what led up to that flash is the glory of God, in the flesh...
"The LORD says, "Come away! Flee from Babylon in the land of the north, for I have scattered you to the four winds. Come away, people of Zion, you who are exiled in Babylon!" After a period of glory, the LORD of Heaven's Armies sent me against the nations who plundered you. For he said, "Anyone who harms you harms my most precious possession. I will raise my fist to crush them, and their own slaves will plunder them." Then you will know that the LORD of Heaven's Armies has sent me. The LORD says, "Shout and rejoice, O beautiful Jerusalem, for I am coming to live among you. Many nations will join themselves to the LORD on that day, and they too, will be my people. I will live among you, and you will know that the LORD of Heaven's Armies sent me to you. The land of Judah will be the LORD'S special possession in the holy land, and he will once again choose Jerusalem to be his own city. Be silent before the LORD, all humanity, for he is springing into action from his holy dwelling."" (Zechariah 2:6-13) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment