Tuesday, September 26, 2017

"From Here to Eternity"

"Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands." (Psalms 102:25)
If you were to ask the average Christian what eternal life means to them, they might give you an answer that is based upon something far reaching or distant, beyond this current existence. That is technically our real home, but eternal life begins for the believer at the time they are born again. We were once dead, but now we are alive in Christ, never to die again. I need to catch myself over and over, saying, 'My son died last year,' when I should be saying, 'My son passed on last year, and went home to be with the Lord.' But when you loose someone, they are gone and you can not get them back. Instead, we can only look forward to going to be with them, because that is where we shall all be, we who have been washed in the blood of Christ Jesus. There is a red star next to this verse in my Bible, which represents that this verse is one that speaks of Jesus. I don't know why, but there is only red stars next to this verse, 27, and 28; 26 does not have one next to it, and I cannot figure out why. As crazy as it might sound, there are a lot of things that we don't know and can't figure out within the Bible, but it's okay. If you read John's final words in his Gospel Message, the world could not contain all the books written about all that Jesus has done, so what makes us think that we can know all there is to know about the Bible? This much I know about eternal life, that we who have obtained it, will never die! We move on, but we never perish! I don't know how many ways that I can say it, but we skip the grave! Our body might be put in the ground, but our soul goes to be with the Lord, within a blink of an eye; now you see me, now you don't! Actually, this verse is closely related to one of the verses that was shared to me when I first realized who Jesus really was, which was Hebrews 1:10, "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heaven are the works of thine hands." That was the one thing that I remember the most about the day of my salvation, my fear of death was taken away; for once in my life, I had a peace that my life was never going to end, something that can't really be explained, because it cannot be felt without knowing it. If I could put it into words, then it would it would be something like, "Once I was dead, but now I am alive; alive for ever more!" Don't you love it? Oh death, where is thy sting...
""And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful. Listen to my instruction and be wise. Don't ignore it. Joyful are those who listen to me, watching for me daily at my gates, waiting for me outside my home! For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD. But those who miss me injure themselves. All who hate me love death."" (Proverbs 8:32-36) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment