Monday, September 4, 2017

"The Wrong Side of Time"

"For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as a hearth." (Psalms 102:3)
Wouldn't it be nice to have all the answers to all of life's problems? We can't pretend to know all that there is, although some people try, and even make things up along the way. Take evolution for instance; if not one of the biggest lies that you can ever imagine, yet it is taught to our children as though it were actually proven, as though it were fact. They don't even call it a theory anymore; since it has been spoken of and written about so many times, it has become fact and is not even challenged by the truth anymore. If you don't believe that it is fact, then you are considered a nut or someone who is uneducated. I don't pretend to know all the answers, but I know someone who does, and that is good enough to satisfy all of my issues. Sometimes that is the really the only answer, Because God says so! Let's just leave it at that and move on with dealing with life. There are a couple Scriptures that come to mind when I read this verse, none more strong as James 4:14. We really do not have any control over our lives; at least not in a way that guarantees everything will be fine and dandy. That said, we do have a Father that knows best; He knows our rising and our falls, way before they are even set in motion. We make plans and plan our lives, but God has already a plan for our lives. I truly think that it's when we are not living out God's plan, that is when life gets hard and time seems to be against us. I seriously do not know what God's plan is for my life, so I can't really give you an example of what that might look like. I really don't think many of us actually do truly know; we can speculate and imagine, but most of the time it is looking back where you see God's plan clearly; other than that, it's all just a great big blur up ahead. I do know what His plan is for me today; today I will take care of my wife and visit with family; and even then, the day is not certain. Other than that, I am just expecting that God will show up and join us in our conversations. If you ever want to be on the right side of time, then there is where you will need to be, expecting God to guide your life...
"Look here, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit." How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like a morning fog -it's here a little while, then it's gone. What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that." Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil. Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it." (James 4:13-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment